We're looking for a full-time Drupal Expert to be responsible for website and software development for anywhere from 1-5 projects at a time and also play a role in working with and managing Junior Design and Development interns. We are specifically interested in someone who is comfortable with the entire cycle of web development, from configuring server setups, writing SQL/PHP, and developing Drupal modules to coding CSS/HTML and debugging cross-browser issues.
If you find that you're one of those special folk who have a love of good design and confidence in using custom code + Drupal to bring interactive designs to life then working at Design Guru in this role will be rewarding and exciting! :)
- Lead development for custom functionality and design on Drupal-based web sites/applications.
- Assist in defining project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate staff and associates.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define and execute development best practices and tools for each project.
- Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma (or higher) in anything you're passionate about! :)
- Minimum 3 years work as a developer, Project Lead, or CTO.
- Expert knowledge of Drupal, PHP, MySQL, CSS, and the LAMP stack (If you love Ruby on Rails, that's a major plus!).
- Extensive experience with Drupal development (You should already have some module development under your belt and live sites to show us which demonstrate your abilities).
- Curious (but cautious) about emerging technologies and not set in command-line ways.
- Interest (and ideally, first hand knowledge) in how hosted blogging platforms' APIs and theming systems work (e.g. Posterous & Tumblr)
- Work well with others and thrive in a small office setting that is fast moving and nimble, but not heavy on structure or hierarchy.
- Patience (see above).
- Familiarity with Open Source Content Management Systems and blogging platforms other than Drupal (namely, Wordpress and Joomla)
- Familiarity with audio + video streaming technologies (from XML-based podcasting to shoutcast streams and 3rd party embedded on-demand video platforms like Ooyala)
- Systems Administration, Debian/Redhat/*nix.
- Entrepreneurial or Startup experience.
- Agency experience.
- A love for using Apple products!
- An appreciation of electronic music (we've got some great incubated projects you may like brainstorming on + contributing to).
- A passion for using technology to change society.
- Experience using popular social media tools (and creating innovative new ways to interact with them - familiarity with Twitter/Facebook/etc APIs is highly desirable.)
- Develop and manage technical project budgets as needed.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Recruit and cultivate talented developers on our full-time and contract staff.
To Apply, please drop us an email to email@example.com with the subject heading of 'I am a Drupal Expert' and in that email be sure to include:
- Your Curriculum Vitae (CV),
- A letter introducing to yourself - we'd like to get a feel for who you are as a person, including and in addition to your skills and experience in web work,
- A link to your online portfolio and any relevant personal URLs (your blog, twitter handle etc...). If you do not have a portfolio, please include at least 3 URLs of live sites you've worked on and describe your role in those projects - please feel free to be as technically detailed as possible. We'd really love to get a sense of the work you've done which you're proud of.
Pay will be competitive and based on experience.
This position would ideally entail working in the Design Guru Studio located at Queen/Spadina in Toronto Canada, though if you live outside of Toronto and feel you may be a good fit, please still drop us a line!
Deadline: There is no fixed deadline for this position but we will be interviewing people as soon as we receive applications, so we recommend emailing us ASAP if you'd like the job!
Monday Aug 27
Thursday May 24
Thursday Apr 19
Subscribe to our podcasts through the iTunes store for free!
Sign up to our email newsletter to stay in touch - we send it out monthly and never spam.